Payment Currency Terms and Conditions
Last updated December 27, 2018
When you purchase Services from the PayCore.io Website (the “Website”) and: (1) are using a Visa or MasterCard credit card or debit card (“Card Customer”); or (2) are subject to payment through Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), the PayCore.io Contracting Party (“we”, “us”, “our”) in the PayCore.io Customer Agreement, or other agreement with us governing your use of the Service Offerings (the “Agreement”) may offer you the choice of paying in a payment currency supported by us (“Payment Currency”) other than United States dollars (USD) (the “Currency Service”). But, if your PayCore.io Contracting Party is PayCore.io Limited, and you are a Card Customer, then the Currency Conversion Service is offered to you by PayPal. Capitalised terms in these Payment Currency Terms and Conditions are defined in the section headed “Definitions and interpretation” at the end of these Payment Currency Terms and Conditions if not otherwise defined in the provisions below.
You agree to use the Currency Service on the following terms and conditions:
1. This Currency Service only enables you to make payment in your Preferred Currency. Also, if you are a Card Customer, you may only make payments in currencies supported by the issuer of your credit card or debit card. When using the Currency Service, you are not tendering payment in one currency and receiving from us another currency.
2. If you use the currency conversion service to pay in your Payment Currency, our fees and charges for your use of the service, if any, are included in the exchange rate applied to your invoice (the “Applicable Exchange Rate”). An invoice’s Applicable Exchange Rate is determined when that invoice is generated. For recurring charges covering usage of Services over a period of time, the Applicable Exchange Rate will apply to all usage and Service charges incurred during the applicable billing period. That payment total will be the amount reflected on your bank or credit card statement. In some cases, your bank may still charge you a fee. Your use of the Currency Service and these terms and conditions are independent of your contract for the purchase of Services and do not give you any extra rights under that applicable contract.
3. Once you elect to use the currency conversion service, fees and Service charges will automatically be paid in your Payment Currency for each invoice generated thereafter, unless and until you choose to opt-out by selecting USD as your currency preference. Invoices must be paid in the currency specified by each invoice.
4. You can turn off or opt-out of using the Currency Service at any time in the “Organisation Settings” section of Billing. All refunds processed against the Payment Currency invoices will be provided in the denomination of the previously selected Payment Currency in which the invoice was generated; whether as a credit memo or a payment in your Payment Currency.
5. You agree that by opting in to the Currency Service that information related to your payment, including your name and address, may be processed by our banking partners in jurisdictions other than the UK.
6. These terms and conditions and any dispute of any sort that may arise between you and us will be adjudicated according to the Governing Law and Disputes terms of the Agreement.
7. We reserve the right to make changes to the Currency Service, our policies, and these terms and conditions at any time. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you use the Currency Service unless any change to those policies or these conditions is required to be made by law or government authority (in which case it will apply retroactively). We communicate with you electronically by e-mail or by posting notices on the Website. Regarding the Currency Service, you consent to receive communications from us electronically and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
8. Except as amended by these terms and conditions, the Agreement will remain in full force and effect. If the terms of these terms and conditions are inconsistent with the terms contained in the Agreement or any Policy incorporated therein, the terms contained in this document will control solely with respect to your use of and access to the Currency Service. Notwithstanding anything in these terms and conditions to the contrary, your PayCore.io customer account and your use of the Services offered by PayCore.io are governed by the Agreement. For the avoidance of doubt, the Currency Service constitutes a Service Offering under the terms of the Agreement.
9. PayCore.io does NOT store your bank card information. The whole payment process by bank cards is executed by PayPal.
Definitions and interpretation
10. In these Payment Currency Terms and Conditions, the following definitions are used:
means PayPal (Europe) S.à.r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. with registered head office at 22-24 Boulevard Royal L-2449, Luxembourg and includes its successors.
means each of the services made available by us or our affiliates.
means the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
“Website”, “Web site” or “Site”
means any URL, such as https://paycore.io, that we provide the Services to you.
Download document as a PDF
Document Revision History
3 (Latest version)
December 27, 2018
December 21, 2018
December 18, 2018